|Thursday, December 30, 2004
Here is a poem I wrote in February 2004, published in the 'Aitchisonion 2004'.
Her sublte walk goes unnoticed
An act of desperation follows,
Yet, no response.
The incoming wind speaks of her scent
The job done...she disappears
But she wants more...
She's no different...
Just a fake smile,
On a face with many faces
Her charisma fails to empower me
Her beauty fails to attract
My lust for another
Shields me from her sadistic charm
Till she returns
Hears wait...bated breaths...
Thoughts and fantasies linger
For that deceptive, illusory face.
|Friday, December 24, 2004
Teri un zulfon ki khusbu
Abhi bhi taaza hai meri bahon mein
Jo aansoo tum ne bahaye mere kandhay par
Numi kar gaye hain meri bhi aankhon mein
Ghari ghari raah dekhta hoon main teri
Aaati naheen hai tu, nakhray dikhati hai
Adaayen hi hain teri jo mujhe bhaa jaati hain
Aankhon aankhon mein bol tu kya batati hai?
Tere siwa mera hai kaun?
Jo sunay meri baatein, meri sab faryaadein?
Rab janay kya ho ga gar aisa ho...
Reh jayen mere paas teri sirf yaadein.
|Thursday, December 23, 2004
Kehtay hain log, yeh sab najayez hai
Nazrein tak apni neechi rakho,
Sar ko dhanpo, Tasbeeh karo,
Kya logon par bhi naheen yeh jayez hai?
Main naheen hoon tyaar, yeh mannay ko
Asool hain tou sab ke liye hain
Main, tum, ham sab; yeh qaum
Bolo ho tum sab tyaar inhein yakdam mannay ko?
Agar pyar dena naheen jantay,
Tou Pyaar lene ki bhi ummeed na rakho
Yehi tou bazaar-e-duniyia hai
Ab tak jeevan mein tum itna naheen jantay?
Saaz hon ge makrooh tumhein,
Par suntay to tum bhi ho woh naghme
Chahay hon deen ke yaa ishq ke,
Kya aisi hi be-hissi hai tumhein?
Aray jao keh do un sab say
Jo kehte hain deen ke hain rakhwalay
Mohabbat-e-deen dar asal kya hoti hai
Ab poochein ge hum un say?
Dil mein abhi soz hai baaqi
Ishq Mohammad se, mere rab se bhi hai taaza
Bolo ab ae buzdilon...
Hawas aur zaat ke siwa tum mein hai kuchh baaqi?
|Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Here's a list of things passed on from many bloggers. Copy it and put the things you've done in bold and add another thing at the end.
01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink
02. Swam with dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Done a striptease
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long, and watched the sunrise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Touched an iceberg
20. Slept under the stars
21. Changed a baby's diaper
22. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
23. Watched a meteor shower
24. Gotten drunk on champagne
25. Given more than you can afford to charity
26. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
27. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
28. Had a food fight (food be much delicious and powerful commodity to waste)
29. Bet on a winning horse
30. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
31. Asked out a stranger (ok, an acquaintance, but for all intents and purposes, a stranger)
32. Had a snowball fight
33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier
34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
35. Held a lamb
36. Enacted a favorite fantasy
37. Taken a midnight skinny dip
38. Taken an ice cold bath/shower
39. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
40. Seen a total eclipse
41. Ridden a roller coaster
42. Hit a home run
43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days
44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
45. Adopted an accent for an entire day
46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
48. Had two hard drives for your computer
49. Visited all 50 states
50. Loved your job for all accounts
51. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
53. Had amazing friends
54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
55. Watched wild whales
56. Stolen a sign
57. Backpacked in Europe
58. Taken a road-trip
59. Rock climbing
60. Lied to foreign government's official in that country to avoid notice
61. Midnight walk on the beach
62. Sky diving
63. Visited Ireland
64. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
66. Visited Japan
67. Bench-pressed your own weight
68. Milked a cow
69. Alphabetized your records
70. Pretended to be a superhero
71. Sung karaoke
72. Lounged around in bed all day
73. Posed nude in front of strangers
74. Scuba diving
75. Got it on to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
76. Kissed in the rain
77. Played in the mud
78. Played in the rain
79. Gone to a drive-in theatre
80. Done something you should regret, but don't regret it
81. Visited the Great Wall of China
82. Discovered that someone who's not supposed to know about your blog has discovered your blog
83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better
84. Started a business
85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
86. Toured ancient sites
87. Taken a martial arts class
88. Sword fought for the honor of a woman.
89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
90. Gotten married
91. Been in a movie
92. Crashed a party
93. Loved someone you shouldn't have
94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy
95. Gotten divorced
96. Had sex at the office
97. (the real 97) Gone without food for 5 days
98. Made cookies from scratch
99. Won first prize in a costume contest
100. Ridden a gondola in Venice
101. Gotten a tattoo
102. Found that the texture of some materials can turn you on
103. Rafted the Snake River
104. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
105. Got flowers for no reason
107. Got so drunk you don't remember anything
108. Been addicted to some form of illegal drug
109. Performed on stage
110. Been to Las Vegas.
111. Recorded music
112. Eaten shark
113. Had a one-night-stand
114. Gone to Thailand
115. Seen Moulin Rouge
116. Bought a house
117. Been in a combat zone
118. Buried one/both of your parents
120. Been on a cruise ship
121. Spoken more than one language fluently
122. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
123. Bounced a check
124. Performed in Rocky Horror
125. Read - and understood - your credit report
126. Raised children
127. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
128. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
129. Created and named your own constellation of stars
130. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
131. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
132. Called or written your Congressperson
133. Packed up and moved to another city to just start over
134. ...more than once?
135. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
136. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
137. Had an abortion, or your female partner did
138. Had plastic surgery
139. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
140. Wrote articles for a large publication
141. Lost over 100 pounds
142. Held someone while they were having a flashback
143. Piloted an airplane
144. Petted a stingray
145. Broken someone's heart
146. Helped an animal give birth
147. Been fired or laid off from a job
148. Won money on a T.V. game show
149. Broken a bone
150. Killed a human being
151. Gone on an African photo safari
152. Ridden a motorcycle
153. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of 100mph or faster?
154. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
155. Fired a rifle, shotgun or pistol
156. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
157. Ridden a horse
158. Had major surgery.
159. Had sex on a moving train
160. Had a snake as a pet
161. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
162. Slept through an entire flight: take, landing, during
163. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
164. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
165. Visited all 7 continents
166. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
167. Eaten kangaroo meat
168. Fallen in love at an ancient Mayan burial ground
170. Eaten sushi
171. Had your picture in the newspaper
172. Had 2 (or more) healthy romantic relationships for over a year in your lifetime
173. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
174. Gotten someone fired for his or her actions
175. Gone back to school (ok, yeah if visiting counts...)
177. Changed your name
178. Petted a cockroach
179. Eaten fried green tomatoes
180. Read The Iliad
181. Selected one "important" author whom you missed in school, and read him/ her
182. Dined in a restaurant and stolen silverware, plates, cups because your apartment needed them
183. ...and gotten 86'ed from the restaurant because you did it so many times, they figured out it was you
184. Taught yourself an art from scratch (tried to anyway)
185. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
186. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
187. Skipped all your school reunions
188. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
189. Been elected to public office
190. Written your own computer language
191. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
192. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
193. Built your own PC from parts
194. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you.
195. Had a booth at a street fair
196. Dyed your hair
197: Been a DJ
198: Found out someone was going to dump you via LiveJournal
199: Written your own role playing game
200: Lost your Best Friend for reasons of death
201: Fallen in love over the internet
202: Sung in a Barbers' Shop Quartet
203: Eaten a live animal
204: Been able to communicate in a language you barely learnt barely three days earlier. (twaday kinnay bacchay hain? :D :D) (ok, not been able to communicate well, but communicate nonetheless!)
205: Memorized words from all Disney movies like Aladdin, Lionking etc; furthmore, dialogues from Friends, Smallville and Star Trek (main bohat faarigh hoon)
|Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Maaf Karo; Naheen Chahiye
Aadat se majboor hoon main
Peena main naheen chahta
Gham hai ke bas jaata naheen
Is saroor mein main khona naheen chahta.
Ban baitha hoon mein jogi
Pyar, Ishq yaa Muhabbat? Kya hoon main chahta?
Sab ek hi rog ke hain naam
Is haal mein bhes bhi badalna naheen chahta
Aansoo aatay hain par jam jatay hain
Inhein bahana main naheen chahta
Uss ke un jhootay waadon ke liye
Aankhein num karna mein naheen chahta.
Konay mein para hoon,
Uthna naheen chahta
Par apne khuda se bhi pooch lo,
Tujh jaise bewafa ke liye mein jaan dena naheen chahta.
Socha tha do gi tum mera saath
Tumhara wahan ho ke bhi na hona main naheen chahta
Aakhir iss botal ke gird hi aya na mera haath
Tumhare woh thanday haath ab main naheen chahta.
Rehne bhi do ab, chhoro tum
Dhokay mein phhir main aana naheen chahta
Jao chun lo tum woh phool, woh gulab,
Kaanton bhari yeh mohabbat main naheen chahta.
|Sunday, December 19, 2004
Just reminded me of dad.
|Saturday, December 18, 2004
dua kar raha hoon
faryaad kar raha hoon
meri mohabbat ke yeh geet
yeh chalti hawaein tujh tak le jayen
intizaar kar raha hoon
teri raah tak raha hoon
ke tu aye, aur le mujhe apni baahon mein, aur
yeh chalti hawaein humein un taaron ke paas le jayen
ab mein tarap raha hoon
teri yaad mein jal raha hoon
tu na aya hai ab tak, aur mujhe dar hai ke
yeh chalti hawaein tumhe aur dur na le jayen
|Tuesday, December 14, 2004
nafrat ki us aandhi se mein lar na saka hoon,
uss himmat ka nazariya bekaar hi raha
zillat ki is zindagi se ab mein thak chuka hoon
apno mein reh ke bhi mein tanha hi raha.
kya karoon...kahan jaoon?
raste hain bohat, himmat bhi hai kaafi,
par ujar jaye ga yeh ghar,
rokney ke liye mujhe yahi hai bas kaafi
kya ho ga uss ka?
kahan jaye gi woh?
jis ne guzaaray hain aansooon ke pachees saal
iss zamanay mein kis ke paas jaye gi woh?
kya hai uss ke paas?
kya hai uss ka samaan?
do joray, kuchh aansoo,
tootay khwaab, or adhooray armaan?
kaise chhor doon mein uss ka saath,
na doon ussay mein apna pyaar
kya yeh hai uss ki mohabbat ka ajar?
uss ke liye kuchh bhi karne ko hoon mein tayaar
par woh kaun hai?
ek aurat? bas? aur kuchh naheen?
uss ki maamta ki hai koi qeemat?
maan sirf mera khuda hai, aur kuchh bhi naheen.
I love you mom! I hope you know that.
|Sunday, December 12, 2004
A wallpaper I made.
|Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Chalay thay ek din,
Saath le ke woh aas;
Jaane kis ki oar,
Jaane kis ke paas.
Sehmay huey dil se,
Nikli na koi aah;
Jaane kyun yeh aalam,
Jaane kyun yeh neechi nigah.
Qadam uthtay thay,
Thamtay thay baar baar,
Jaane kis ka dar,
Jaane kis ka pyar.
Kya tha yeh maut ka intizar?
Ya thi zindagi ki talash?
Jaane kyun tha mein khush,
Jaane kyun tha niraash.
Mur ke dekha to kuch apna na paya,
Sab ajab sa tha, jaise woh mohabbat bhari raatein;
Jaane kaisa rog,
Jaane kaisi baatein.
|Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Mohabbat Ka Takaaza
Tum door jaa rahi thi,
Mein bhi door jaa raha tha;
Mohabbat ki talash mein,
Sehraaoon mein tap raha tha.
Khuda se bola mein ne,
Yeh aarzoo hai meri;
Nigahein hamari mila de,
Kya shaan hai yeh teri.
Kya kya naheen kiya tha,
Uss ishq ke liye ham nein;
Faawwaron mein bhi phenke,
Choom ke sikkay ham nein.
Un sikkon ka sila tou,
Iss janam na mil paye ga;
Lagta to yahi hai meri jaan,
Tu mere janazay par hi aye ga.
|Monday, December 06, 2004
Meri Bakwaas Suno
Aao bacho, tumhe sunaoon bachpan ki ek kahani;
Ek tha bacha jis ka naam rhyme karta tha with paani.
We sent him off to boarding school;
Cuz tang karna was his addat purani -
Chala gya tou sab ne bola
Ab ayegi uss ko yaad apni naani.
|Thursday, December 02, 2004
Woh Bhi Kya Din Thay
Jab Hum Jin Thay
Ab Hum Deo Hain
Jinnon Ke Peo Hain!
Hahaha! I love myself.